God Is Able

 Last night I attended a Presbytery service. It's a special time where multiple leaders take turns speaking a word of encouragement over people in attendance. 

We all need encouragement at times. As I incubate, as I wait for God to guide me into what is next, I connect with that need to remind myself of what I already know. One of the words spoken last night really struck me, "Shout to your fear, and preach to your doubt."

We need to make a habit to speak aloud the following truths. I invite you to do this with me, wherever you are, raise your voice and proclaim these promises from Psalm 145:13.

I can take God at His word. 

God keeps His promises. #promisekeeper

God is faithful. 

God's timing is perfect. (Psalm 31:15, Ecclesiastes 3:1)


 When God says, "Wait" it's because He is working to line up all the resources, people, positions, and facets of everything He has already planned to do over and in and through us. 

The waiting is not an accident. The waiting is not because He is putting us on the back burner. God is not taking a nap. 

Shout this truth: My Father in heaven has not forgotten about me. (Shout it aloud! Preach to that doubt!)

Know this, if you are in a period of Divine Preparation: 

God is ACTIVE in the waiting. He is working consistently, every moment, preparing the way, drawing together all that is necessary for His plans, and His purposes. Plans for hope, plans for provision, plans for His light to shine as we walk where He leads. 

Jehovah Jireh, our Provider, is fully able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all we could ask, or imagine, or ever think up in our wildest of dreams. (Ephesians 3:20) 


Speak this aloud: 

My God will establish me. (Romans 16:25, Proverbs 16:9) 

My God will care for ALL my needs. (Matthew 6:26-27)

My God is faithful. (Lots of verses. Look them up!) 


Psalm 89:8 says: Who is like You, Lord God Almighty, You, Lord, are Mighty

And your faithfulness surrounds you!


Wherever you are, whatever is happening in your life- or NOT happening- know that God is working. Wait in expectation. Thank Him in advance because you KNOW He is going to do more than you can ask or imagine. 

Ask Him to direct you, and Trust HIS ways (even if what He tells you to do sounds crazy). HIS plans are so much more creative and beautiful than our plans ever could be. His ways are perfect. 

And know this: 

When you walk where GOD directs, you can move in the confidence that you are walking in accordance with the ABSOLUTE BEST that He has for you. Because He loves you, and He is a good, good Father. 

~~~

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That time When God Told Elijah to take a Nap

The Big Why

Beauty For Ashes