Incubating

When you meet new people, there are always the getting to know you questions. Where do you live? What do you do? How do you spend your days? 

 I've been telling people I'm in a "transitional season." I'm waiting for God to show me what is next. I share that I'm grateful for His provision so I can catch my breath and rebuild. 

Last night God asked me to reframe how I've been defining this season. To look through the lens of Divine preparation rather than the mindset of "transition". 

 People keep asking me- "What do you want to do with your life?" But the question I'm choosing to ask is, "God, what do YOU want to do with my life? What do you want to do in and through me?"

I'm open to anything. Honestly, I hope that He won't send me back into the public school system. I'd like to be connected with some sort of ministry. My heart is to serve Him. But I know that anything I can think up falls way short of His amazing plans for me. And I know that just as He has provided all I need for today, I can trust Him with all my tomorrows, too. 

He keeps telling me, "I'll know it when I see it." That "delay is not denial" because our lives are so divinely linked to others and it takes time for Him to line up all the moving pieces and prepare every heart for His plans and purposes.   

And so I wait. Expectantly. Incubating in His light and love. And today I choose to thank Him for what He's going to do. I don't know exactly what it will look like, but I do know that it is going to be good. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That time When God Told Elijah to take a Nap

The Big Why

Beauty For Ashes