Lingering

I wake, before dawn. Midnight has faded to smokey grays and bright coral pink blazes across the horizon. Tiny dots of yellow-y white dissect the hills, moving in formation. A chorus of birdsong almost drowns out the distant highway, and trees reach towards heaven, undisturbed by the cool morning breeze. Is this heaven here on earth?

I wish I could stay here, drinking in the early morning peace. Sirens from the neighborhood fire station break into the tranquility, and I thank God that today they are not for my son. I breathe a prayer for the family involved, and think of the week's many medical appointments.

We are learning about Brain Balance. Three days a week, for three months, a few cities away, dotted by follow ups at Carrick Brain Center in Irving, and diabetes appointments in Dallas. Add into the mix the "Home Program" for my husband and younger son- rigorous exercises three times a day, plus a mandatory "outside activity" and a parent chosen "chore", not to mention the continual chasing of Blood Glucose levels up and down and all around (hormones)... I find my days are chock full of medical stipulations. 

Just yesterday, a friend on social media posted, "Busy can be good if you love the busy you do." A much needed reminded in this season, when we have medical appointments Every. Single. Day... and sometimes two a day in different cities. I am grateful for the blessing of a reliable vehicle to carry us from place to place, and for the miraculous provision of these appiontments-yet I so needed the reminder. I love the ones whose needs keep me busy, and as I traverse the metroplex, I am driven to One Source alone.

Now, I breathe deep, realizing that this moment, here, is a gift, a provision for the wellness of my soul. Here, on the back porch, with blue rising and pink spreading across the sky, I am filled. This is loving provision, meeting of a desperate need for peace amidst a very busy schedule.

Again, gratitude washes over me, coupled with the realization that I must seize these moments, must exert discipline to see that my own needs are met. I linger, now, for soon it will be time to run.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That time When God Told Elijah to take a Nap

The Big Why

Beauty For Ashes